Diese Webseite ist in Bearbeitung, und beinhaltet keine aktuellen Informationen. Gehen Sie bitte weiter an unsere Webseite www.pilsensteel.cz
This is a trial web which doesn’t contain any actual information. For an actual web please go to www.pilsensteel.cz
Это пробная версия веб-сайта, которая не содержит актуальную информацию. Актуальный веб-сайт находится здесь www.pilsensteel.cz
Toto je vývojová verze webu, která neobsahuje aktuální informace. Přejděte prosím na www.pilsensteel.cz
15. 05. 2009
COOPERATION WITH TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY IN OSTRAVA
PILSEN STEEL s.r.o. made a deal with Technical University in Ostrava about cooperation in metallurgy. ...
In the European history, the 19th century was marked by a rapid industrial development. In that, Bohemia was no exception; industrialisation had changed the country's character and brought unprecedented economic growth.
As early as the mid 18th century, the nobility house of Waldstein owned a number of industrial enterprises including the ironworks in Sedlec near Plzeň that was, a hundred years later, to give rise to Škoda Works in Plzeň.
- Mid 18th century - the Waldsteins founded ironworks in Sedlec near Plzeň
- 1859 - iron production and processing operations were transferred to Plzeň
- 1865 - the plant employed 68 workers (the population of Plzeň was at that time 11 thousand)
- 1866 - Emil Škoda accepted the position of the company manager
- 12 June 1869 - Emil Škoda bought the Waldsteins engineering works
1871 - new metal foundry and production hall added to the existing company premises
1882 - new forging shop
1886 - new steelworks facility
1876 - the first company representation office abroad (in Kiev, Russia)
1886 - railway siding connected the plant with the trunk railway Vienna - Pilzen - Cheb facilitating transport of heavy castings to customers abroad
1889 - new production shops and halls erected alongside the railway siding
1909 - the premises of the original Waldstein plant definitely abandoned
1899 - foundation of a joint-stock company
end of the 19th century - the company employed 3,211 workers and about 250 office workers
Emil Škoda's death in 1900 marked the end of one and beginning of another era of the company's history. Following the general trends of the period, the engineering industry in Bohemia had undergone thorough restructuring whereby metallurgical and engineering enterprises consolidated their capacities and became more product-specialised.
beginning of the 20th century - Škoda Works acquired licences for production of steam turbines and gas engines
1900 - Small and Big forging shops started operation
1904 - the first steam turbine manufactured
1905 - crankshaft production started
1908/1909 - the company was divided into the following functions: arms manufacturing, Small and Big forging shops, shop manufacturing railway car wheels, steelworks, grey-iron foundry, pattern shop, machining shop, boiler shop, bridge construction shop, power plant and research and testing institute
1911 - new iron foundry and machining shop for heavy forged parts
1922 - forged rotor shafts manufactured for internal use
1923 - the Škoda "winged arrow" trade mark registration
1925 - acquisition of the car manufacturing company in Mladá Boleslav
1929 - new non-ferrous metal foundry started operation
1930 - Škoda Works employed nearly 30 thousand
1939 - incorporation of Škoda Works into a German arms manufacturing combine
During World War II the works sustained considerable damage.
After World War II, Škoda Works was nationalised and the original group was divided into seven independent entities. Prior to division, the Škoda group employed over 80 thousand people and exported its products to 60 countries of the world.
Following the "velvet revolution" in 1989, the company went through substantial changes.
1990 - formation of the ŠKODA a.s. (joint-stock company)
1993 - company privatisation and formation of independent legal entities including ŠKODA, HUTĚ, Plzeň, s. r. o. and ŠKODA, KOVÁRNY, Plzeň, s.r.o. - subsidiaries of Škoda Holding
2004 - sale of both metallurgical companies and their incorporation into the Russia-based international group OMZ.
2007 - merger of both companies and rebranding of the successor company on PILSEN STEEL s.r.o.
2009 - modification of company's organization structure: divizion Steel & Castings and divizion Forgings was substituted by Steelmaking Shop, Forge Shop, Foundry Shop and Machining Shop.